79 W 4500 S, Suite 14
Salt Lake City, UT 84107-2649
CATEGORIES & HEADINGSdetails >>
All It Takes Is a Spark
Our passion began to burn in 1990, in the corner of an Idaho potato equipment facility. We started out as Idaho Technology, Inc., developing products with a firm commitment to eliminate disease through smart thinking and product innovation. That spark quickly became an inferno as we introduced a number of “firsts” to the molecular diagnostics and biosurveillance industries. In 2014, we changed our name to BioFire Defense to reflect more accurately our outward passion and commitment.
BioFire Defense leads in the development of reliable and sensitive biodefense instruments and test kits. Known for its history of releasing innovative instruments, BioFire Defense produced the first ruggedized PCR-based instrument in 1999, the R.A.P.I.D.®, making possible lab quality results in the field.
Since then, BioFire Defense has successfully fielded numerous systems for the US Department of Defense including the Joint Biological Agent Identification and Diagnostic System (JBAIDS) which is the biothreat identification and diagnostics standard for the US military. They have also developed the field hardened RAZOR® EX, and the new FilmArray® along with a suite of complimentary assays and sample preparation reagents.
Fire Changes Everything
Here is what you can expect as we help make the world a little safer:
• Cutting Edge Solutions – We lead the industry in developing reliable and accurate products like the FilmArray and the RAZOR EX, the first ruggedized PCR-based device.
• Easy-to-use Products – Though our technology is highly sophisticated, simplicity is a trademark characteristic of all of our products. Ease of use is critical to our customers and sets us apart from our competitors.
• Continual Evolution – We’re always blazing new trails, creating new technologies, software, devices and processes. We like to stay ahead, because once we have solved one problem, it’s on to the next.
• Long-term Relationships – No one can make it alone. We need strong partnerships to do what we do, and we deeply value the partnerships that we have. Backed by a remarkable network of corporate, military, and educational relationships, as well as loyal employees, we are igniting innovation.
• Customer Support – We don’t just solve problems. With the urgent nature of patient and community care, we help our clients make a difference. We take pride in addressing any and all concerns quickly and accurately. We truly value our relationship with our customers.